I am not the biggest fan of mobile phones trends, but even I knew that the S8000 was anticipated as the first Samsung android phone… well, it seems that everybody was wrong on that matter, as the first Samsung android phone will actually be the i7500!
According to the unwired, the Samsung i7500 Android smartphone using Google’s open source platform will be released first in Germany this June. It is expected to cost €300 (about $398), even though Samsung did not confirm that value. Also, it is not known when should we expect it to hit the United States.
The upcoming Samsung i7500 phone will be 11.9 mm thick and will have no hardware keypad and, all in all, it will be looking great. Below are the full specs of the i7500:
– Android 1.5 (Cupcake)
– Quad band GSM/GPRS/EDGE connectivity
– Tri-band UMTS/HSPA connectivity (900 / 1700 / 2100 MHz) – this allows the handset to run on T-Mobile USA’s network
– 3.2 inch capacitive AMOLED display with HVGA (480 x 320) resolution
– 5MP camera with LED flash
– 3.5mm headset jack
– 528 MHz Qualcomm MSM7200A CPU
– 8GB of internal memory
– MicroSD card support